A URL shortener is an online tool that creates a shorter web address for a long URL. These shortened URLs help to track the number of clicks and traffic sources.
Some benefits of a URL shortener include:
- Better user experience – Shorter URLs are easier to share, read and remember. Users will not have to type out very long web addresses with many different parameters; they can simply click on the shortened version instead.
- Tracking clicks – Shortened web addresses allow sites like Google Analytics to easily track which pages or links are more popular than others. This data helps companies determine if their webpage is reaching the right audience and how customers are interacting with their site overall.
- Improving search engine optimization (SEO) – URLs that are short and simple are considered to be more valuable because they take up less space in search engine results pages (SERPs). This boosts the page’s rankings, which could lead to higher traffic.
- Bettering social media presence – Creating shorter links also helps users post web content on social media platforms like Twitter or Facebook. Shortened links can help companies share important articles quickly while simplifying their profiles within these networks.
URL shorteners are especially helpful for sharing content across different channels. For example, shortened web addresses make it easier for other websites to post company news on their own site without having to type out very long URLs.
However, there are some drawbacks for using short URLs. Since the abbreviated addresses contain less information about a page’s location, shortened links can be changed or redirected to malicious websites without users knowing. This is especially true when companies use URL shorteners that do not keep track of data and link histories.
In terms of company branding, businesses may want to construct advertising campaigns with long web addresses instead of anonymous ones in order to create a more personal connection between brands and consumers.
This article does cover "benefits" but fails to actually address reasons why you would use a URL shortener instead of simply typing out the full address directly in your post/article/tweet. Doing so will make the article more helpful and useful since it will address all aspects of URL shorteners (advantages/disadvantages). Right now, the article only discusses the advantages (statistics) but does not explain how this knowledge can actually help people or businesses. Here are some ways to improve this article:
- Add additional supporting details throughout the body of the post. These could include statistics about link tracking, improved SEO, social media sharing, etc. - Choose one example where shortened links (and their long counterparts) provide different information (i.e., a comparison between two tweets about an event; one tweet uses a shortened link while another has the full URL; then explain what each tweet shows). Good luck! :)
LinkedIn Learning offers a variety of course types designed to help you grow your career. You can learn from experts in a particular industry, expand your knowledge on a new topic, refine your professional skills, or explore general topics with short online courses and seminars.
We offer many different types of LinkedIn Learning courses:
- Instructor-Led or Webinar
- Business Skills or Soft Skills
- Career Development
- Business Skills for Leadership
- New Manager Training
- Sales Training & Prospecting
Enjoy learning on the go with LinkedIn Learning Mobile. Download now to access popular courses, instructors, and real time discussions—all from your smartphone or tablet. Go to your favorite topics • Watch videos, take quizzes, and receive certificates of completion • Share content with colleagues directly from the app • Track progress as you learn about topics that interest you Our current catalog includes: - Sales Training & Prospecting - Customer Service Skills for Managers - Project Management Fundamentals - Digital Marketing Essentials Subscribe now to have full access to all courses. If you are a free member, upgrade today to enjoy unlimited access to all of our courses and learning paths.
Watch a video on your computer: https://www.linkedin.com/learning/watch?courses=10009876&discount_code=none Watch it on the go with LinkedIn Learning Mobile: https://www.linkedin.com/learningapp/?courses%5B%5D=10009876
Thank you for your interest in learning more about what makes LinkedIn Learning unique! We are constantly adding new types of content to help you improve your skills, advance in your career, and keep up-to-date with industry trends 360° Career Perspective
We give professionals the ability to deeply understand how their skills fit into various as product management or social media marketing, all while gaining meaningful insights on how to navigate their careers.
On-Demand courses are great for both learners who prefer to dip in and out of topics or want to complete coursework on their own time. Plus, you can earn certificates of completion that will stand out on your LinkedIn profile! eLearning Program (eLP)
For the manager who wants to improve team productivity or is looking for top talent in a specific profession. Managers have access to both self-paced and instructor-led online programs with instructor support when needed. Expert Learning Paths (eLP) The Expert Learning Path combines our most popular instructor-led programs into individualized learning paths that help professionals break into new areas—such as data science, digital marketing, and business development.
LinkedIn Learning Library offers on-demand content that covers a wide range of topics from A to Z: Advertising & Marketing • Analytics & Data Science • Business Skills • Digital Marketing • Leadership & Management • Office Productivity
In Communities, you have the chance to connect with experts and peers who share your interests—and often delve deeper into a topic than a typical online course. This is where the conversation happens!
We offer both instructor-led and self-paced communities so learners can partake in relevant discussions at their convenience. Sales Training & Prospecting – Join now for access to 10+ courses about sales training, prospecting tactics, social selling best practices
Top Blog Posts
- Learn HTML in 12 Minutes 3 months ago
- FOCUS ON YOURSELF NOT OTHERS - Best Motivational Speech 2021 4 months ago
- British English Slang [Advanced Pronunciation Practice] - Reductions & Contractions 4 months ago
- How To Build Your URL Short System (Premium URL Shortening Setup) 4 months ago
- Improve Your Problem Solving Skills 4 months ago