Even if you've never shortened a URL, it's very easy. We're going to use TinyURL, but the process will be similar when using other shortening services.
The basic process is to copy the long URL into the URL shortener, and it will give you a shorter URL. The exact steps are below:
- Go to any website (you can use this link if you want). Websites with longer URLs are the best candidates for URL shortening, although any site will work.
- Select the URL in the address bar and copy it. You can use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+C (or Command+C on a Mac) to copy it.
- Go to TinyURL.com and paste the URL into the space provided, using the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+V (or Command+V).
- Click Make TinyURL.
- The shortened URL will appear. You can then copy the new URL and paste it wherever you want!
How it works
Basically, when the URL shortener gives you your shortened URL, it "remembers" the full address. When other users go to the shortened URL, they will be automatically redirected to the full address.
The webpage will still exist at the longer URL—the shortened URL is simply a shortcut to make the link easier to manage.
Top Blog Posts
- FOCUS ON YOURSELF NOT OTHERS - Best Motivational Speech 2021 4 months ago
- How To Build Your URL Short System (Premium URL Shortening Setup) 3 months ago
- British English Slang [Advanced Pronunciation Practice] - Reductions & Contractions 3 months ago
- Learn HTML in 12 Minutes 2 months ago
- Improve Your Problem Solving Skills 4 months ago