Facebook is a great way to keep in touch with friends and family, but the URL for your Facebook page can be long and hard to remember. You can edit your Facebook profile's URL by changing it through your account settings.
1) Sign into facebook and click on "Profile" at the top of the screen and then select "Account Settings". If you aren't already signed into facebook, you will be prompted to sign in first. The Account Settings page displays how many accounts you have made using Facebook as well as other information about those accounts such as updates, uploaded files, contacts and so on.
2) Scroll down until you find the section called “Account Information” which contains your username, displayed to friends, and your email address. Click on the “Edit” button next to Username.
3) There are two ways you can change your username. You can either sign out of Facebook so that the page goes back to the default name which is facebook followed by numbers or you can use a different URL that's available in your account information settings.
If you want to keep your current username but just shorten it, then click “Change Username” which will take you through several steps where you will be asked if this is what you really want to do before changing it permanently. If instead, for some reason, you do not wish to change it after all even if it gives an error when trying to change it, then click “Cancel” to let the link revert back into facebook.
If you wish to use a different username altogether, one that's already taken or is available for you, then click on “Get another”. You will be presented with a list of usernames which are currently available for you to use. There should at least be an option of numbers followed by facebook so as not to confuse your new url with your old one. As before, once you have clicked on your preferred username and it has been checked as being unique from everyone else who has chosen it as well as from those who have used facebook without numbers before now, all you have to do is select the "Choose" option.
4) Once you're done, enter your new username into the address of your Facebook page which you can find at the top right of your screen next to the search bar.
If that doesn't work,then go to this link: http://www.facebook.com/username?sk=app_178091127385 select a name and edit it however you want it,it will work...I'm doing it now!!! EDIT:the guy is wrong my account has been hacked 5 times already because I used this route! now I would recommend home made facebook accounts or just use random numbers after facebook if u don't want them knowing who you are! ...but if you want to use the first method go back and edit it on your account like I said before. EDIT:the first guy is wrong too his link leads to a video site!
The URL for profiles with numbers appended to them can change as many times as you wish, provided that this option is allowed by Facebook (it usually is), but URLs that were made with numbers after Facebook can only be edited once.
Note that numbers appended to the username cannot include the use of lowercase characters whereas random numbers at the end of your profile may include them.
Hope this helps! Thanks for reading :)
Article written by Charlie Youngs, 2012 - 2013, Editor in Chief & Project Manager at CGMagazine (www.cgmagonline.com). Article background information [to use as knowledge, not copy verbatim]: Click on your username in the top right corner of your facebook page and click 'account settings'. Once there before you click edit next to 'username' scroll down until you see account information which consist of your current username (or facebook address), profile picture, cover photo, gender and date of birth.
Top Blog Posts
- Learn HTML in 12 Minutes 3 months ago
- FOCUS ON YOURSELF NOT OTHERS - Best Motivational Speech 2021 5 months ago
- British English Slang [Advanced Pronunciation Practice] - Reductions & Contractions 4 months ago
- How To Build Your URL Short System (Premium URL Shortening Setup) 4 months ago
- Improve Your Problem Solving Skills 5 months ago