Bitly is a link management platform that provides people, brands and businesses with scalable and secure tools to personalize, share and track their content links, while capturing data and insights with every click.
Bitly Enterprise offers an online tool that gives you everything you need to build your brand, attract audiences to your business site, generate leads, create marketing campaigns for things like e-mail marketing through social media marketing. It also helps manage teams effectively by allowing users to set permissions on who can view or use shared URLs so the right people have the access they need. Bitly offers APIs available for Google Apps Scripts as well as Python, PHP and Ruby apps. With enterprise, those APIs allow third parties to integrate with those apps. For example, an accounting department that wants to track expenditures by campaign, or a call center operator who want to know where their leads are coming from.
Bitly Enterprise comes with several add-on features such as Social Badge for developing your company's social media presence and its own URL shortening feature, which is similar to what's offered by the basic version of Bitly but has more analytics capabilities.
Bitly is dynamic: tools and apps allow companies and individuals brand their content and measure results in real time. The platform offers APIs that let users build on top of the basic features it already offers, making it easier to integrate into existing systems. Developers can build their own integrations with Google Apps Scripts (and directly within your website via our Google Analytics Dashboard for Bitly) as well as other 3rd party apps. All of this means that you can use a single platform to manage your content, track performance and measure effectiveness across different applications all from one place.
The features offered by Bitly Enterprise include:
- Increased Brand Visibility, Audience Engagement and Measurement
- Analytics Dashboard let’s users see how their short URLs are performing in real time
- Provides access to multiple social platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Google+ to post your shortened links directly into the stream of your choice - Customize sharing to drive traffic back to a site or control where it is sent with custom redirect rules - Deliver personalized content via email blasts with Bitly's Email Marketing app - Track success with our Google Analytics Dashboard for Bitly
- ROI Tracking and Reporting
- Integrate tracking pixels into any link to directly measure return on marketing investment
- Team Management & Permissions
- Customize permissions for different users to control who can see, use or create short URLs
- Accommodate multiple brands under one roof by creating teams within your company to manage access to specific groups of users. Securely propagate content across social media platforms while gaining insight into how each link is performing independently. You can also specify which team members are allowed to view other teams’ shared links.
TEAM: This article has been brought to you by the OWASP Enterprise Security Weekly editors. Authors are listed at the beginning of this article. Do you have security topics that you want to share with other OWASP Top 10 Project enterprise users? Send us your submissions at [email protected], or contact our editors for more information on how you can submit articles to Enterprise Security Weekly .
This site does not have a security rating due to being a new site. However, since it is being monitored by SiteLock daily , its safety and security is likely important to you! Get more details on SiteLock's monitoring process here .
New Site Watch for this website is not currently available. Sign up below if you would like to receive an email when this website receives critical changes!
Critical Changes Watch for this website is not currently available. Sign up below if you would like to receive an email when this website receives critical changes!
Other articles from OWASP Enterprise Security Weekly:
About the author(s)
Enterprise Security Weekly Team Members
Adrian Lane, Director at Rowan Software LLC, contributor to OWASP Top 10 Project and Vice Chair of the Open Web Application Security Project (OWASP). Adrian Lane has over 16 years experience in application security including roles as a programmer, analyst, manager and consultant. He is responsible for leading Rowan Software's research initiatives in identity management and federated access control for cloud-based applications. He can be reached via Twitter (@adinlane or email ([email protected]).
Rohyt Belani, Co-Founder and CEO of PhishLabs , an anti-phishing company that's focused on information security awareness training and phishing threat intelligence. Rohyt is also the creator of DC Shadow, a free tool for internal social engineering engagements. He can be reached via Twitter (@rohytbelani or email ([email protected]).
Ryan Barnett, Product Manager at Metasploit , the world's most used penetration testing software. Ryan is also a course author and instructor for SANS Institute, writing courses on exploit development, post exploitation and open source intelligence. He can be reached via Twitter (@zerochaos_r or email ([email protected]).
Simon Roses Femerling is VP of Research at SentinelOne . Simon has more than 20 years of experience in security research with an emphasis on developing new techniques to discover vulnerabilities in complex systems as well as performing empirical risk analysis. His last position was Senior Director of Security Research at NCR Corp., where he designed new security test methodologies that led to the discovery of multiple high-risk vulnerabilities in payment card processing systems used by financial institutions around the world. He can be reached via Twitter (@nevarakel or email ([email protected]).
Not a member yet?
We are now more than 4000 members strong and growing! Join our community today from here . You can also subscribe to our newsletter using the form below. If you prefer, you may receive it weekly via email on Mondays, 12 am EST) ! Our Top10-enabled mailing list is exclusive to OWASP Top 10 enterprise users. Period. No exceptions. NO SPAM! Unsubscribe at any time using the link at the bottom of every email we send.
If you are new to OWASP Top 10 , please read the article below! It is for enterprise users who have little or no expertise in applying the OWASP Top 10 methodology to their application security programs. If you are not an enterprise user, please skip this article since it will bore you! :)
Enterprise Security Weekly #1 - INTRODUCTION TO THE TOP10 APPROACH on Aug 26th 2013 | 2 comments
Written by Adrian Lane & Rohyt Belani This newsletter serves two audiences: first, those who are unfamiliar with the OWASP Top 10 approach and would like a quick introduction; second, those seeking more information on how they can use the OWASP Top 10 as part
Top Blog Posts
- Learn HTML in 12 Minutes 3 months ago
- FOCUS ON YOURSELF NOT OTHERS - Best Motivational Speech 2021 4 months ago
- British English Slang [Advanced Pronunciation Practice] - Reductions & Contractions 4 months ago
- How To Build Your URL Short System (Premium URL Shortening Setup) 4 months ago
- Improve Your Problem Solving Skills 4 months ago