We've all experienced it. You get your period and suddenly everywhere you look, people are talking about it.
You're standing in line at the grocery store and hear two women chattering on about tampons while behind you an older lady is desperately trying to find something that says "light flow" on it. You turn on the TV and what do you see? Commercials for maxi pads! On every channel! And yet another tampon commercial comes up before the episode of "Glee" you were planning to watch.
Everywhere you go, there's something related to menstruation -- some brand or product specifically made for your time of the month. It's so bad, even have noticed, though they don't have a period. Their "tampon costume" for Halloween had more blood on it than most Hollywood movies do.
But, what you may or may not know, is that there are companies that pay millions of dollars to ensure their company name and product shows up every time someone types the word "period." Yes, they're called URL shorteners and yes, they're making millions -- billions even – off the menstruating population.
And we want our cut!
Until recently, we never gave these URL shortener companies much thought (no pun intended). We didn't hear about them until 2011 when an entrepreneur started one of these services and Google quickly snatched it up for $30 million . It was around then that we started to consider joining the game.
But, our biggest concern was how it worked. How does a URL shortener pay out? Who gets what when someone shortens a link? Is this something you have be an expert in or can anyone join in on the fun?
After asking around and doing some research, we have confirmed that anyone can get into the business of URL shortening for their own site or blog -- all you need is a PayPal account. That's it!
So let's review: Anyone with an internet connection can make money by using their skills to take any word or phrase and shorten it down to make one single url . All they have to do is share the link with people who might use it since there is no other requirement for participation.
Now, while the pay out is small (about 1 cent per 1000 views), it adds up quickly -- even for a small blog like ours. We've had our Pintertest site running since early 2015 and in that time we've earned almost $1,000 from having short links on our page . The best part about this money making tool is that all the linking you do will lead straight back to your site, showing you're an expert about something (in our case menstruation) and helping us get noticed by Google so we can show up higher!
We did invest in some extra techniques so we could earn more but nothing too complicated. Here are just a few of the ways you can shorten your link and boost your earnings.
- Use a URL shortener plugin on your blog . Many of them are free so you don't have to invest any money in the program itself but if you want something with more options, then you will have to pay for the service.
- Write reviews about menstrual products or anything related to menstruation. You can even write mini reviews about other things that are vaguely related (we wrote one on cats since they're sort of like furry humans). The important thing is that people who wouldn't normally know what period you're talking about could stumble across your review and click because it's not 100% focused on periods.
- Give advice ! Advice doesn't always have to be related to menstruation. We often find ourselves writing about video games and other random tips we've learned throughout our lives (like what's the best brand of reusable cloth pads ?).
- Write about something you like ! That might be the internet, television shows or even picture books. It doesn't matter what you write about as long as it has a good link back to your website and is chock full of keywords!
Just try not to go overboard with trying to stuff in too many terms that have nothing to do with each other or it will look really suspicious. Also, if someone actually Googles the term you're stuffing in there, they're likely going to find something different than what you said because Google knows exactly what you put in the url.
That pretty much sums up everything about URL shorteners and how they can help you make money on the internet. We hope this article was helpful to any of our readers that are interested in making an extra income online or even if you're just curious!
If you have any more questions, please feel free to leave a comment below or email us at [email protected] . Thanks for reading!
Source: Best Highest Paying URL Shortener 2021 To Get Huge Earnings With Simple Work (OUO) | OUO – The Leading Global Business Marketplace For Small Businesses And Entrepreneurs | Pinterest Test published on Tuesday, May 31, 2017 by Jamey Stegmaier...
Top Blog Posts
- Learn HTML in 12 Minutes 4 months ago
- FOCUS ON YOURSELF NOT OTHERS - Best Motivational Speech 2021 6 months ago
- British English Slang [Advanced Pronunciation Practice] - Reductions & Contractions 6 months ago
- Best URL Shortener: Why You Should Shorten Your Links 2 months ago
- How To Build Your URL Short System (Premium URL Shortening Setup) 6 months ago