Ow.ly is a link shortening tool that shortens URLs and tracks the incoming traffic from those links. It also creates tamper-proof custom links to drive traffic. You can also collaborate and give access to multiple team members to shorten links.
Ow.ly's main goal is for marketers, businesses, social media managers, websites, and bloggers to monitor, edit, and share links. It is a web-based tool that means no download or install needed.
Ow.ly has been around for quite some time now, but it still offers a promising free package for anyone looking for an alternative to Bit.ly's paid plan. Especially if you use things like Hootsuite for your social media campaigns.
Ow.ly is very easy to use, and fast to set up. All you need is an email address or Twitter account to get started! You can also log in using Facebook or LinkedIn if these are more convenient options for you.
Once you create Ow.ly profile (which takes less than a minute by the way), you'll be taken to their homepage. You can start creating your first Ow.ly link, and customize it!
Customizing Your Link:
1) The 'Shorten link' button is self-explanatory; but what it really does is this: It takes the URL you want shorted, and breaks it up into smaller parts. Plus if the page you are linking to is especially long, Ow.ly will shorten it even more.
2) The 'Preview' box will show your shortened link so you can be sure everything's okay before posting or tweeting! You can also check how many clicks have been made via your shortened links, and who those clicks have come from.
3) 'Long URL': This box will provide you with the full, original URL so that you can share it if needed (the short version is not always best!)
4) The 'More info' button: This is a really neat option! It provides you with stats like incoming traffic, number of clicks, and percentage of clicks from the Ow.ly link itself.
5) 'Collaborators': In case you're sharing a shortened link with somebody else. They can then click on their name to access that link, or have it emailed to them!
Here's an example of a custom Ow.ly link in action:
As you can see, it has a small Ow.ly logo that helps promote the brand and keep everything organized! When someone clicks on your link, they'll be able to see how much traffic it got when clicking through 'More info.'
For example: In this case, the link received 201 clicks!
Ow.ly is known for its whistleblower function, which lets you know exactly how many people have clicked your links - even if they are shortened or tampered with later.
If you are savvy to social media, then this free tool is definitely worth checking out! It reduces advertising costs and actually provides you with very useful data. Plus, it's easy to use and understand.
If you're looking for a little extra control over your links, however, then you might want to look into alternatives such as Bit.ly or Goo.gl . They offer more in-depth statistics but Ow.ly is still fast and reliable.
Ow.ly is easy to use and free! It's perfect for Hootsuite users because it's web-based, has quick setup time, and can be customized easily . Plus you can access your shortened links from anywhere , which is definitely a big bonus. Give it a try!
About the author:
Susan Smith is a recognized authority on the subject of Social Media and has been a successful Social Media consultant for the last 5 years. She is dedicated to helping businesses and individuals understand how Social Media can help them achieve their goals through improved communication and connection.
Susan is an avid blogger, speaker, online educator, and mentor in everything social media related. If you would like to contact her with speaking requests or other inquires, please email [email protected] You can also follow her on Facebook and Twitter .
The original text of the article is available at: http://susansmith.com/best-for-anyone-who-uses-hootsuite-for-their-social-media-campaigns/
The article presented here is intended to use as knowledge, not to be copied verbatim. The original author of the work may not be quoted or referenced in full without their express permission. Please link back to the original source if quoting this article on another site.
For more information on Ow.ly, check out this page: About Ow.ly - Hootsuite Help Center
Articles that may interest you: 1. Social Media Marketing Directory 2. How To Use Google Analytics For Your Business 3. Using Facebook To Increase Website Traffic 4. Email Marketing Case Study 5. The Benefits of Social Media to Your Business 6. Tips for Managing Your Personal and Professional Brands 7. Improve Your Online Presence with Photo Optimization 8. Tips for Marketing Your Business Online 9. Social Media and Its Impact on The Workplace 10. Driving Customers to Your Website: An Overview of Social Media Analytics Tools 11. Google Analytics Primer 12. How To Create A Successful Facebook Ad Campaign 13. Resources: Technical Details and Tutorials about Search Engine Optimization (SEO) 14. What You Need to Know about Effective Social Media Marketing 15. Twitter Tips: Boosting Engagement and Reach 16. A Detailed Guide To Link Building 17. How To Use LinkedIn For Your Business 18. Top 4 Things Every Marketer Needs To Know About Google Plus 19. Facebook: 10 Hacks That Will Dramatically Improve Your Reach and Engagement 20. Social Media Marketing: What Marketers Need to Know About Twitter 21. How To Get Traffic From Facebook To Your Website 22. 10 Ways That SMM Can Help Your Business 23. Linkedin Company Pages : A High-Impact Marketing Tool for B2B 24. The Ultimate Guide To Google Auth
Top Blog Posts
- FOCUS ON YOURSELF NOT OTHERS - Best Motivational Speech 2021 3 months ago
- How To Build Your URL Short System (Premium URL Shortening Setup) 3 months ago
- British English Slang [Advanced Pronunciation Practice] - Reductions & Contractions 3 months ago
- Learn HTML in 12 Minutes 2 months ago
- Improve Your Problem Solving Skills 3 months ago