When you want to advertise products, products, or services online it is very important to make sure that your website can be found by the people who are interested in what you have to offer. The more people who visit your pages and like what they see will lead to more sales, which means you will have a bigger profit margin. One way of helping your website to become popular is by using a URL shortener.
URL shorteners help to take a long web address and make it into one that is much shorter, this makes them easier to share as well as helping you to advertise your site.
Here are six ways that the best URL shorteners can be used online:
· Provide an "Email This" option – One way of sharing a link with people is by e-mailing them the web address. Most major URL shorteners provide a "Share on Email" button which will automatically include all of the important details, making it very easy for your friends/followers/customers etc to find your page easily. More information at http://goo.gl/qvPcC.
· Create QR Codes – Do you have a product or service which you want people to buy? If so, using a URL shortener can help promote your website by having it displayed on the side of vehicles, billboards and posters thanks to QR codes. For example, http://goo.gl/xjR3L is a link that will take you to an article I wrote about why QR codes are great for business .
· Building links that count - A way in which Google measures the popularity of web pages is by counting how many other sites are linking to them. With this in mind, if your site receives thousands of incoming links from different websites this can make you much more likely to rank highly in their search engine, which means more people will see your site. A great way of generating these incoming links is by using a URL shortener to share all of your content, for example Twitter users can use http://goo.gl/aFK8N to help them decide if they want to read this blog post .
· Track how many times a link was clicked – Shorten one of your webpage's URLs and then put it into a statistics program such as Google Analytics . This will mean that you can keep track on the number of people who click on it so you know which articles are the most popular.
· Linking to specific products or services - If you have a product page with several different items on it and would like to refer your readers to a specific one, then using a URL shortener is the best way. For example, this blog post has links which will take you straight to my social media profiles page .
· Offer deals – Want to encourage people to buy something from you? Why not create a discount code or "voucher" which can be used at checkout and shorten its web address? An example of this can be found here: http://goo.gl/JvBm2.
These are just six reasons as to why you should use URL shorteners when marketing your products/services online. Try doing some testing and figure out what works best for you!
Read more at http://goo.gl/qvPcC .
By David Spencer, Content Writer for Approved Index .
David Spencer is a content writer who loves researching and writing about new technology trends that can help businesses to grow online. To learn more about David and Approved Index click here .
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=David_Spencer
# # #
Shorten a web address, create QR codes and track your links with the best URL shortener around - goo.gl! It's really simple to use and you'll be up and running in no time at all. Plus, if you want to find out more about what it can do then take a look at this blog post . Greg Digneo is a dedicated Internet Marketer who loves using social media tools to promote products online. To get more great tips on how to market yourself online visit his Google+ profile clicking here !
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Greg_Digneo
# # # URL shorteners can be used online to provide an "Email This" option, create QR codes, build links that count, track how many times a link was clicked and offer deals! To find out more information about this blog post you should visit its original article source . James is an Online Marketing professional who loves finding new ways of generating traffic for his clients' websites. His main specialties are SEO , email marketing , social media marketing & content writing . You can follow him on Google+ or Twitter by clicking here ! Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?
Top Blog Posts
- FOCUS ON YOURSELF NOT OTHERS - Best Motivational Speech 2021 4 months ago
- How To Build Your URL Short System (Premium URL Shortening Setup) 3 months ago
- British English Slang [Advanced Pronunciation Practice] - Reductions & Contractions 3 months ago
- Learn HTML in 12 Minutes 2 months ago
- Improve Your Problem Solving Skills 4 months ago