Hashtags: #url shortener, #url shortening, #gogle URL shortener
Example: 10 URL shorteners to try besides the Google link shortener
10 URL shorteners to try besides the Google link shortener … You can now find a comprehensive list of alternatives at bit.ly/19jq3Jd!
1) TinyURL was one of the first free online tools for creating tiny URLs that point to any web page , and it’s been around since 2001 . In 2010, TinyURL was purchased by Bitly . Unlike many other services on this list, you don’t need an account with TinyURL – just enter your long link and go. There are no limits on how long or short your link can be. Link customization is limited to adding extra characters that appear after the tinyurl.com/ part of the web address (such as for tracking or appending an ID number), but this feature won’t affect how others see your URLs .
Bitly lets you create short links, track them , and get click analytics about who clicks on your links . You can use Bitly to shorten URLs, or copy and paste long web addresses into the URL bar to initiate a redirect . Many social media platforms let you generate Bitlinks (shortened URLs) automatically when you post content; Twitter uses TinyURL.
After Google retired its Shortener service in spring 2019, there was no single go-to site for creating short web addresses that redirect to any other website. Bitly is one of the largest alternative shortener services, and for good reason: it offers several key benefits over Google Shortener, including customization options , analytics, an easy-to-use interface , and support for mobile devices .
2) 30/30 is convenient if you don’t need to track your links or generate multiple short URLs. Just create a 30 character shortened address (the maximum length), copy it, and paste it onto social media sites … 30/30 assigns click statistics to each link created with its service…
3) Flynx instantly loads all links within text messages on Android phones into popup windows that can be closed at anytime without leaving the original app. Users who want to limit their link intake can set a time limit for each window or turn off Flynx’s read receipts…
4) Digg's shortener will shorten any link you share on its platform, but it also offers custom URLs. That means it's great if you need to hide the actual page where your content is hosted from readers…
5) Tiny.pe … lets you customize your shortened URL so that it includes more than just the tinyurl.com/ part of the web address . You can add up to 20 characters after the domain name:// part of the tinyurl and before tiny.pe/ , which will appear as brackets in the tinyURL (for example, domain name://username can be customized to appear in the shortened URL as username ). You can also add up to 10 characters after tiny.pe/ , which will be displayed at the end of your custom link (for example, domain name://username (this is my webpage). If you want to track your links , Tiny.pe offers built-in analytics that are accessible via its API …
6) Pwn url shortener lets users customize their URLs with a tracking feature and mobile support…
7) Cli.gs lets you paste long web addresses into an interface (like Google Shortener used to do), but it also allows you to create custom URLs if you need more control over your link address . The service assigns click statistics automatically, so there’s no need to set up an account to get analytics .
8) Bit.ly … lets you track links, easily create short URLs with customized parameters, and shorten URLs via its API… The company also offers “ Bit.ly for Good ,” which is a service that helps nonprofits raise money, manage petitions, recruit volunteers , and more through social media . It’s free to sign up for this program; organizations need only provide their name, email address , website URL , Twitter handle (if applicable), the description of the campaign they would like to run using Bit.ly for Good, and Facebook Like pages (if applicable).
9) MetaGer is a German search engine that has its own URL shortener … If you use Bit.ly, you can use MetaGer by adding " + web" to your long URL …
10) Shorturl shortens links, but it also lets users create custom links—just check the box next to Customize Your Link… You can also assign a “title” as well as a description and category , all of which will appear in your shortened link. In addition, Shorturl offers click analytics for each link created with its service …
The Google URL shortener was shut down back in spring 2019, but on the bright side, there are dozens of alternative options out there. On the downside… there are dozens of alternative options out there. How do you know which to choose? Our advice: look for shortener services that allow you to customize your link, or that have built-in analytics. A URL shortening site that’s been around a while might also be more reliable and reputable, likely to avoid service closure or disruption.
Title: 10 URL Shorteners To Try Besides The Google Link Shortener
1) Cli.gs lets you paste long web addresses into an interface (like Google Shortener used to do), but it also allows you to create custom URLs if you need more control over your link address . The service assigns click statistics automatically, so there’s no need to set up an account to get analytics .
2) tny.im is another Google Shortener alternative that offers lots of customization options… It gives users the option of creating a shortened URL with or without the tiny.cc/ prefix … You can also use tny.im via its API or mobile app… Like other URL shorteners , it sends stats on each link’s performance to your account so you can track clicks and traffic.
3) Bit.ly … lets you track links, easily create short URLs with customized parameters, and shorten URLs via its API . Click statistics are
Top Blog Posts
- FOCUS ON YOURSELF NOT OTHERS - Best Motivational Speech 2021 4 months ago
- How To Build Your URL Short System (Premium URL Shortening Setup) 3 months ago
- British English Slang [Advanced Pronunciation Practice] - Reductions & Contractions 3 months ago
- Learn HTML in 12 Minutes 2 months ago
- Improve Your Problem Solving Skills 4 months ago